Sobre a vaga de Engenheiro de Campo
Full Time regular
About this job
Would you like to work in a field location and fulfill a business-critical role? Responsible for designing, executing and evaluating wellsite operations, field engineers are the vital link between Baker Hughes and our clients on oil and gas rigs.
The role is demanding, both mentally and physically. When at the rigsite you will be required to work 12 hour shifts (day or night), and depending on your product line, you could be assembling, moving or operating heavy equipment, often in harsh environments and in all weather conditions.
This role may require extensive time away from home to undertake training or to gain hands-on experience. You may also be required to work weekends and public holidays, as business needs dictate. You should expect to work in a variety of environments including offices, workshops or on rigsites; either on land or offshore.
Join us and you will enhance your engineering skills through our three-year structured Field Engineer Development Program (FEDP) and quickly become competent with our technologies and processes. The FEDP enables potentially rapid career progression through a sequence of competency-based development steps.
In the longer term, once you have achieved the levels of competence we expect, Baker Hughes offers you the opportunity to progress into a variety of leadership roles. You may elect to stay and build your career in the field, or you can aim for a position in operations management, product development, sales or another business support position.
You will be assigned to a specific Baker Hughes product line where activities may include:
- artificial lift
- completion systems
- drill bits
- drilling fluids
- drilling services
- formation evaluation
- integrated operations
- intelligent production systems
- pressure pumping
- reservoir navigation services
- sand control systems
- specialty chemicals
- surface logging services
- wellbore intervention
- wireline services.
Depending upon your product line assignment, you will be involved in technical activities which could include:
- Assembling and deploying downhole equipment at a base location prior to being dispatched to the wellsite. Downhole equipment may be a combination of electrically, mechanically, or hydraulically activated and operated specialized equipment
- Designing wellsite interventions under supervision using simulation software packages
- Analyzing rigsite performance data and recommending changes to product configurations
- Assisting sales representatives in business development activities including presenting to clients
- Performing warehousing and logistical activities
- Setting up and removing equipment at the well site
- Authoring and producing post-job evaluation reports for the client.
As well as fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in Brazil without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need:
A minimum four-year technical degree or Master’s, completed within the past 24 months in:
- aerospace engineering
- applied sciences
- chemical engineering
- chemistry ( organic or inorganic)
- civil engineering
- electrical engineering
- environmental engineering
- industrial engineering
- instrumentation engineering
- mechanical engineering
- nuclear engineering
- petroleum engineering
- another engineering-related subject.
At least three of the following:
- a minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0 (2.2) or equivalent
- relevant work experience (paid or unpaid)
- evidence of practical / technical capability, e.g. internships, summer jobs, hobbies
- evidence of extra-curricular activity
- a valid driving license.
- We are looking for people who are motivated, resilient, persistent, flexible and adaptable.
- You will also need to show leadership, creative problem-solving, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record may be required in some locations.
Interessados deverão se cadastrar pelo link https://bakerhughes.taleo.net/careersection/ustt/jobdetail.ftl?job=763212&src=JB-11160